Here is a nice video I found on the youtube. The author explains nicely what a mashup is? by giving analogy from the conventional operating system APIs. Read more…
The below are the assignment questions
PAGE 1 (drawpath.html) 
1. Frame showing the google map. Add necessary zoom and move controls. — 
2. Add Pushpin button – marking a starting, ending, or intermediate important locations with at
text box for notes that pop up on mouse over… —–
3. Add dot button – Marking a custom route between starting and ending points. (make the dot small)
4. Undo button – to go back to previous states. —– 
5. Frame for logging the operations performed (enable hide option) — 
Can just be a text Area (for Debug)
6. Save the logged information in a file or render a html/txt/xml with instructions on how to process it and insert it into render.html — 
7. Clear all button — 
PAGE 2 (render.html) 
1. Render the custom path on the map using the information stored in log automatically. — 
2. Direction must be displayed along with map as a text for corresponding path. — 
3. A button to go back to drawpath.html — 
4. Pop up of text entered in Page-1 on mouse over push pins. — 
Note: Google Map API key for the server is,
Use this key for all the assignments related to google maps
This assignment is mainly designed to make aware the Google Maps API. Google Maps has given many services including direction, geographical information and many other handy features. Just we have to use API. The assignment was designed keeping in mind the situation of many countries not having exact location address.
For Render page I’ve used Activex Control because as per the question I’ve to show previously saved log information in the XML format.
If you want work much faster use Google Code Play Ground.